Sunday 6 January 2008

Method Man plays Rasta in new movie "The Wackness"


"It's cool as shit", is what Meth said in an MTV interview about his new movie "The Wackness", which will be screened at the Sundance Film Festival in two weeks.

He continued,"This [guy] feels his life is wack. The lead character is played by Josh Peck, and it's the story of a high school student [who's] about to graduate — that's addicted to pot. His psychiatrist is also a drug addict — that's played by Ben Kingsley. Peck falls in love with Ben Kingsley's daughter, who's also a drug addict. Peck comes for advice from his supplier, who is me. I play a Rastafarian drug dealer. I really transformed. ... I hired my own coach. ... The dialogue they had was so Hollywood Jamaican, it was ridiculous. The person I worked with went in and wrote it over." The film was directed by new comer Jonathan Levine, and co-stars Ben Kingsley and Mary-Kate Olsen.

"After 'How High,' everybody wanted me to do comedy," said Meth, as he expressed a desire to be as versatile as possible in Hollywood. He has a role in the upcoming spoof film "Meet the Spartans". Tical also had a recent stint playing the role of a classic "bad guy" on "Law & Order."

"I don't like following behind other rap niggas, but I found out [the show's producers] hired a lot of muthafucas from 'The Wire,' " he said. "So they probably seen my 'Wire' reel and was like, 'Let's fuck with this dude.' "

Nevertheless, Meth promises a knock out season on 'The Wire' where he plays Melvin "Cheese" Wagstaff. In spite of the show's great reviews over its five season run on HBO, Meth is bothered by the fact that it has not been getting the attention that it deserves (i.e. lack of an Emmy award).

"The show gets real deep this season," he said. "It's not to be missed. Cheese, he's that n---a," he added of his nefarious character. "Cheese is making his move in season five. He's a survivor."


The Ticallion Stallion is still hard at work on his home playing field of hip-hop as he has completed 4 tracks on his upcoming album, Crystal Method (which will be released under Def Jam despite rumors that may state otherwise). "I'm tired of niggas sleeping on the kid," said Meth. "They must be on dope or dog food. I'm not putting no [release] date on it. I'm four songs deep, but I just started. That's good for me."

No comments: