Sunday 29 June 2008

Can i get an encore?



I came I saw I conquered from record sales to sold out concerts

Jay-Z silenced the haters (once again) with his performance at Glastonbury yesterday. After all the hype surrounding him headlining Jay-Z stepped onto the stage with a guitar and did a rendition of Oasis' wonderwall before launching into 99 problems. Would have loved to see Noel Gallagher's face at that moment, he got offically sonned as Jay went on to perform a medley of hits and showing why he is one of the greatest to ever do it.

Jay's song selection was pretty predictable although he did throw in a few little gems along the way. Right after the line in Blue Magic where he says "money over broads you got it fuck bush" he dropped the acapella for Minority Report of Kingdom Come and he also dropped his verse for A Billie which I wasn't expecting either. As always his performance of Nigga What, Nigga Who was impeccable although it probably went over people's heads abit.

I must say I didn't actually get a chance to watch the performance all the way through as i was sitting in a room full of Jay-Z haters at the time but from what I saw he did a solid show and was a good representative of hip hop culture.

No comments: