Saturday 1 December 2007

The Feds Vs T.I.P



This is my blanket thought on everything., there has to be a point in your life when you have to stop, you’re a multi millionaire for frig sake, why have you got some one around you who is not thorough, allegedly he got set up by his body guard, really who is around you who are you hiring, do you not do background checks, and if it was the case of you (T.I.) buying guns Huh! It’s like stop it, you’re out of the hood now - Estelle

These comments were made recently by the UK artist during an interview with Baby Blue on hip hop station pyro radio.com. Upon reading her statements regarding rapper T.I.'s (Clifford Harris) arrest initially it made me quite angry but then I thought to myself she is only saying what I've been hearing from people recently that the general perception is T.I. is an idiot for getting someone to purchase guns for him, knowing that he is a convicted felon and he deserves everything he gets. However as soon as i heard about T.I.'s arrest my initial reaction was that something was not quite right. Then just today I read an article written by someone called Isis Wisdom on the website www.daveyd.com, which is a place I often go to find out about what's really going on in hip hop and the industry and he exposed some very interesting facts that I think people should know about this situation as it plays a key part in the story as a whole.
Now as you may know Atlanta rapper T.I. was arrested by police the afternoon of Saturday 13th of October just before he was set to perform at the BET awards where he was also nominated for best cd of the year for his recent album T.I. Vs T.I.P. In Isis' article it states that

Approximately two weeks after T.I. was arrested the AJC newspaper reported that BAD BOY Souths President Block from Block Entertainment highly recommended the body guard to T.I. and Grand Hustle months before his arrest. The body guard has been working for T.I. since July. Reported sources say that the bodyguard suggested to T.I. that he should purchase the guns to protect his family. T.I. a felon knew that he himself could not purchase those guns. The law states that if you are a convicted felon you can not carry any firearms or weapons for that matter. And not only that, anybody that you have around you also can not carry guns or weapons. So why would the bodyguard suggest to tip that he needs guns to protect his family?

Now this is where it gets interesting according to the article two months prior to T.I. being arrested the same body guard approached rapper Young Joc about purchasing guns to protect his family. Back in the spring Joc had a home invasion in which his wife had to hide in a closet presumably to escape her attackers but this never made headline news and I wonder why? They are quick to do a story about 50 Cent having “beef” with fellow rapper Cam'ron or attempting to link gun violence with rap music and in this story which shows a rapper being the victim no one reports on it. Yung Joc was also quoted as saying "why would I purchase guns I make happy music". This bodyguard seems awfully concerned about people's safety doesn't he.
In the article it goes on to say that he was forwarded a state's info about which rappers they were looking at and had a top ten watch list on who they believe is involved in gang activity. This information was sent to the state by the feds. The list goes as follows

1.Shawty Lo from the group D4L (remember Lafy Taffy anyone?)
2.Baby from Cash Money Records
3.Lil Wayne
4.Young Jeezy and the whole CTE camp including a rapper called Hella Floe
5.David Banner
6.50 Cent (surprise suprise!)
7.T.I.
8.Dj Drama (guilty by association)
9.Alpha Mega
and apparently the rest of the names where blocked out for some reason. The artists on the list are all from the South with exception of course to 50 Cent. Just coincidence im sure.

The constitution states it's unconstitutional to have a excessive bond for a non violent crime which purchasing firearms is. That is a federal law but T.I. had to pay 3 million dollars to get out of jail, they are making him pay for a officer to be in his home, a monitor on his ankle and paying for every criminal back ground check for anybody that comes to his home. Seems somewhat irregular of procedure to say the least.
I think there is more to this story then we know about and I will continue to report on it as more information comes to light but for now Im going to the end this transmission because I know they're watching me.

No comments: